Seeing i2i: Adventures in Diversity and Cultural Awareness is a new 4-H curriculum intended to help youth gain ‘global competence’ and ‘cultural competence’ skills needed in today’s increasingly interconnected world and culturally diverse communities. The curriculum is designed for youth ages 11-14, but can be adapted for younger and older age groups. It can be adapted for use in 4-H clubs, camps, classrooms, afterschool programs, and other youth settings.
Curriculum content centers around five areas, namely:
- Self-reflection and exploring one’s own heritage, culture, and cultural lens
- Gaining cultural knowledge and gaining an appreciation for increased cultural awareness
- Culturally competent attitudes and beliefs
- Culturally relevant skills and behaviors (e.g., empathy, perspective-taking)
- Applying knowledge including advocating for others