Name: 2018 Great Plains Disaster Behavioral Health Conference
Theme: Building Resilient Communities
Date: Friday, July 20th 2018, 9 AM – 4:30 PM CDT. Registration opens at 8:30 AM
1001 Cass Street
Omaha, NE 68102
Click here to book a discounted room! Hotel reservations must be confirmed no later than June 22, 2018 in order to qualify for the discounted conference rate.
Cost: Early cost for registration prior to 7/13/18: $90.00 Cost for registration on or after 7/13/18: $100.00 There is a $10.00 fee for cancellations No refunds on or after July 13th, 2018
Parking: The Hilton has an attached garage available for the event. Please ask for a validation pass at the conference registration desk to receive a 50% discount on event parking.
The Great Plains Disaster Behavioral Health Conference is for behavioral health professionals, public health officials, clergy, emergency managers, and first responders to learn and recognize how to prepare and respond to the psychological effects of disaster and mass casualties. This year’s theme is "Building Resilient Communities."
- Recognize the importance of cultural inclusion and how inclusiveness increases community resilience.
- Identify the role of faith organizations in promoting community resiliency.
- Examine the critical elements of social connection in disaster preparedness, response and recovery.
- Discuss ethical considerations and challenges in providing disaster behavioral health services to a community.
- Bryan Medical Center
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- Omaha Metropolitan Medical Response System (OMMRS)
- University of Nebraska Public Policy Center
The University of Nebraska Public Policy Center (NUPPC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The NUPPC maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Application has been made for 5.25 hours of APA approved Continuing Education.
For more details about this conference, please click here or contact the Public Policy Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402.472.5678