Consumers concerned about their water quality must sort through an assortment of information to determine what contaminants are present, which contaminants are of real concern, and the appropriate response and treatment that will be most effective for their situation. This guide provides an overview of household water problems, causes, and potential health effects. The problem can then be matched with an appropriate treatment method. The treatment methods listed in this guide are for household water problems requiring prolonged treatment.
Topics in this publication include:
- Protecting your water source
- Treatment system considerations
- Consumer reports and drinking water standards
- Home water quality problems and solutions, including symptoms, cause, possible health effects, contaminant standard/guideline, and treatment options
- Drinking water treatment methods and information resources, including notes for each method on how it works, what it removes, operation and maintenance issues
|Book Cover Type||No|