This highly visual and interactive poster series is part of the Dairy Session at annual Nebraska Extension Ag Literacy Festivals (designed for 2nd-, 3rd- and 4th-grade students) and is also used in classroom programs.
- DAIRY COW BREEDS – This poster identifies the seven breeds of dairy cattle and explains the similarities and differences of each breed.
- DAY IN THE LIFE OF A COW – This poster provides an understanding of the various activities of a dairy cow throughout a 24 hour period.
- FROM COW TO YOU – This poster focuses on how milk gets from the cow to the grocery store in 48 hours.
- HOW MUCH MILK? – This poster describes the different milk products and how much fluid milk it takes to make retail dairy products.
- WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING? – This poster gives insight into the beverage industry and explains the differences between milk and plant-based beverages.
- DAIRY INDUSTRY TIMELINE – This poster takes a look at the dairy industry timeline and changes in technology over the years.
Also included in the poster series is a script for each poster.