This 286-page guide is a comprehensive resource for newly updated research results and recommendations on weed management in Nebraska crop production. New this year is a chart on herbicide modes of action, tables on selecting sprayer nozzles for droplet size, a section on flame weeding, and expanded fungicide and insecticide listings. It includes detailed drawings and photos to aid in weed identification, as well as photos to aid in insect and disease identification. Section topics include:
- Principles of Weed Management, including herbicide modes and sites of action, integrated weed management, weed management in conservation tillage; non-chemical control; and managing herbicide resistance
- Human Safety and Environmental Stewardship, including ratings for herbicide water solubility, relative soil persistance, and relative soil retention, and potential human and environmental risks
- Application Equipment and Practices, including tips and tables for nozzle selection; spray boom set-up; sprayer calibration; prepare spray mixtures
- Weed Control by Crop and by System, including weed response tables and herbicide programs for alfalfa, chicory, corn, dry bean, ecofarming, garbanzo beans, melons, onions, potatoes, pumpkins, sorghum, soybean, sugarbeet, sunflower, and wheat and small grains (barley, oat, proso millet, rye, triticale)
- Weed Control for Noncrop Areas, including aquatic, CRP, ditches, roadsides, pastures, and turf.
- Noxious and Troublesome Weeds
- Herbicide Use Appendices
- Disease Control by Crop, including fungicide efficacy tables and treatment programs for corn, dry bean, soybean, sugarbeets, and wheat
- Insect Control by Crop, including insecticide efficacy tables for alfalfa, field corn, soybean, and wheat
- Product Dictionaries for herbicides, fungicides and insecticides labeled for use in Nebraska.
- Estimated Herbicide Prices
This guide is a key pest management reference for Nebraska's crop producers. Keep one handy in your pickup or at your desk.
|Book Cover Type||No|