Understanding the basics of landscape design helps you take a problem-solving approach to design a landscape that fits your situation. By identifying the constraints of your site and creatively applying basic design principles, you can create a functional landscape that meets your needs, is environmentally sound, aesthetically pleasing, and demonstrates your own sense of style. This guide, which is well illustrated with photographs and diagrams, includes tools to help you achieve the look you want.
- Step-by-step guide to working through the landscape design process
- Illustrated explanations of design principles showing how to apply them to your yard
- Worksheets to help you analyze your yard and identify how you want to use your outdoor spaces
- Guidelines for choosing the "right" plants
- A summary of the types of landscape design assistance available
This book was co-published with Iowa State University Cooperative Extension.