Companion animals play an important role in the lives of many Americans. The companion animal industry has limitless unique opportunities for those wishing to seek a career working to improve the lives of dogs, cats, rabbits and more.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Animal Science Department hosted a two-night series on companion animal careers in November 2008. This conference took an in-depth look into the different sectors within the companion animal industry. Professionals who work with companion animals, both as a full time career or through volunteer work, were interviewed to gain their thoughts on the industry and their suggestions for individuals seeking careers working with companion animals.
- Introduction to Companion Animals
- Companion Animal-Related Career Opportunities
- Veterinary and Animal Health Care
- Pet Food Industry
- Nestle Purina PetCare
- Products and Services
- Animal Assisted Therapy Programs
- Animal Training
- Exotic Animals
- Recommendations for Youth
- 4-H Youth Organization
- Obtaining a College Degree
- Experiences of UNL
- Career Exploration at UNL
Run Time: 120 minutes.